The Farplants Group are currently recruiting Seasonal General Workers to join their team based in Walberton, West Sussex. These roles are for start in February 2022.
The Farplants Group are the trusted outdoor plant supplier to hundreds of garden retailers throughout the UK, growing over 11 million plants a year.
We are now looking for Seasonal Workers to join the Finishing Centre team from February for approximately 6 months. There is also the potential for the roles to become permanent.
We have various seasonal roles available:
Goods In Operative
· Unloading trolleys off the vehicles
· Preparing the product for the lines
· Breaking down the trollies
Line Operative Feeder
· Ensure the production line is fully loaded with product at all times. The plants must be loaded in the correct sequence and evenly spaced.
· Checking the quality of product before loading onto the belt
· Loading x20 pots per minute onto the belt
Line Operative Labeller
· Ensure products are correctly labelled and have a care card
Line Operative Loader
· Responsible for ensuring the products are packed off the line onto the appropriate trolleys correctly.
· Ensure the correct quantities.
· Ensuring the products’ labels match the SKU labels.
· Checking the labels have the correct information for the customer and are in line with the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
Line Operative Topper
· Working on long production lines, ensuring the product is cleaned and weeded.
· Ensuring the product passes down the line successfully
· Checking the quality of the product meets the desired standards and is within the specifications
Pack Scanner Operative
· To ensure the correct products are allocated against the correct trolleys.
· Completing a thorough final check to ensure the products and quantities match the sku labels.
· Responsible for ensuring the correct product is packed onto the correct trolleys. May need to add additional shelves to the trolley if required.
· Be able to ensure the quantity is correct
· Be able to match the products with the correct sku labels
· Completing a thorough final check
· Ensure the trolley is left ready for the next product to be packed
· Positioning the trolleys onto the appropriate grid location
· Wrapping trolleys in their current grid location
· This role involves night shifts
To be suitable for these roles, the Seasonal General Worker will have:
· Good attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Must be IT literate to book in stock and complete paperwork and use a scanner device.
· Good numeracy and literacy skills
· Must comply with H&S standards and policies
· Able to work well in a team environment
These roles are fast-paced and physically demanding where there is an element of heavy lifting involved.
On offer is a rate of £9.84 per hour plus £12.30 overtime.
Employees will receive a weekly attendance bonus from week 6 of employment.
These roles are a minimum of 5 days out of 7 a week and a minimum of 44 hours, this will include working every weekend.
The site operates 7 days a week in the season between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm therefore weekends and bank holidays will be normal working days.
The Farplants Group is easily commutable from Chichester, Bognor Regis, Arundel, West Sussex and the A27 Corridor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org