Walberton Nursery are a family run wholesale ornamental plant grower, who have been operating since 1973. It’s diverse and skilled team of 45+ staff produce in excess of 1 million plants for the garden centre market each year.
Walberton Nursery are currently recruiting for an Assistant Operations Manager to join their dynamic horticultural team based in West Sussex. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a team environment with a well-established and successful wholesale business.
The Assistant Operations Manager will support the Production Operations Manager to deliver the needs of the Operations Department and provide a service to other areas of the business across a number of disciplines.
The successful candidate for the position of Assistant Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the required quality and output to ensure the Nursery’s Business Goals are met.
- Following nursery policies and procedures, ensuring safe working at all times.
- Working with other Managers as a team to generate an effective and profitable nursery
- Undertaking Management weekend duties on a rota basis
The Assistant Operations Manager will support the Production Operations Manager in:
- Staff and agency: daily staff allocation and agency management.
- Training: identification and implementation of needs.
- Space planning: planning the efficient use of space across all sites.
- Potting: monitoring and implementation of potting schedules across all sites.
- Setting and monitoring yearly purchasing budgets, and undertaking purchasing to match these requirements.
To be suitable for the role of Operations Manager you should have:
- Practical horticultural knowledge and experience (required)
- Qualification in commercial Horticulture to a minimum of Level 3, or equivalent (preferred)
- Good organisational skills with the ability to keep a number of tasks live at any one time
- Good Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to create and manipulate data using, for example, PIVOT tables
On offer is a competitive salary of £28,794.18 – £34,275.22 doe and benefits including company pension contribution, cashplan healthcare scheme and Life Assurance after a qualifying period.
Please note that the nursery operates 7 days a week and therefore you will be required to participate in a weekend rota throughout the year, especially in peak season during the months of March to June.
Walberton Nursery is easily commutable from: Chichester, Bognor Regis, Arundel, West Sussex and the A27 Corridor.
To apply for this job please send your CV to email@example.com