We are currently recruiting for an Added Value Product Manager. Farplants is one of the largest wholesale supplier of plants to the garden centre market. Based near Chichester, the cooperative group of nurseries grows over 11 million plants a year. Our finishing centre, based in Barnham, is responsible for the distribution of plants throughout the UK.
Since 2013, our Added Value team have been designing a range of seasonal planted products which we now supply to leading gardening retailers throughout the UK. They also identify and source plant lines from growers outside the co-operative to sell to our customer base.
The role of Added Value Product Manager requires strong organizational skills and ability to react to changing situations. We are looking for a positive person who can inspire and motivate across different departments, to help us achieve our objectives. You will be responsible for:
- Creating and developing product ranges which are tailored to our customer’s requirements
- Identifying future trends in order to create innovative ranges
- Ensuring all ranges are developed in line with target costs specified by Head of Marketing
- Managing projects and ensuring they meet critical path dates
- Briefing and negotiating with international suppliers to supply unique, inspiring and commercial hardware and packaging options
- Liaising with Production team to ensure products are delivered as per specifications
- Attending trade shows and researching competitor offers, to feedback market information to the development team
- Prepare and conduct product presentations based on internal and external briefs
- Managing the Assistant Product Development Coordinator
- 1-2 years in a similar position or capacity
- Excellent planning/project management skills, ability to work on multiple projects
- Experience creating and managing critical paths
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience in evaluating projects and implementing improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Great attention to detail
- Flexible and used to working under pressure
While it would be great if you had some horticultural knowledge, this isn’t essential.
- Generous company pension scheme
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
Job Title: Added Value Product Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Hours: Full time 39 hrs a week
Salary: Up to £35,000 depending on experience
This role is based at our Finishing Centre in Barnham, which is easily commutable from Chichester, Bognor, A27 Corridor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com