Fleurie Nursery Ltd are currently recruiting for a Horticultural Technical Assistant to join their team based in the Chichester area, West Sussex. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a developmental role within a team environment and the first or next step in their horticulture career.
Fleurie Nursery are a market leading customer focussed organisation who supply high quality plants to the wholesale market. We have a stable team of 45 employees based across 5 Nurseries in West Sussex. We are proud to be part of the Tristram Plants and Farplants Group who are highly regarded in the Industry for their sales and marketing of Horticultural Products.
The successful candidate for the position of Technical Assistant will be responsible for:
Supporting the assistant technical manager as directed in all aspects of their duties. This will include:
· Identifying pest & disease issues and be actively involved with the integrated crop management programme
· Assist on crop walks with the technical team and aid in the preparation of crop and spray treatment reports.
· Support with the planning and purchasing of crops.
· Aid in the management of young plants suppliers.
· Help prepare for BOPP, LEAF and other customer specific protocols.
· Support the New product development program of the business.
To be suitable for the role of Horticultural Technical Assistant you should have:
· A passion for horticulture / plants / FMCG
· Ideally an HNC / HND / RHS or equivalent in commercial horticulture / amenity horticulture / similar
· Willing to work towards their BASIS qualification
· Excellent communication skills
· IT Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent numeracy skills
· The ability to change pace where required to fulfil the tasks in hand
· Industry experience would be ideal, but not essential
On offer is a competitive salary, and a team environment. Please note that the nursery operates 7 days a week and therefore working weekends on a rota basis will be required.
Fleurie Nursery is easily commutable from: Chichester, Bognor Regis, Arundel, West Sussex and the A27 Corridor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org