Walberton Nursery are offering an exciting opportunity to join their busy team in the position of Trainee Crop Grower.
The specific focus of a Trainee Crop Grower is to learn how to carry out the role of Crop Grower, by carrying out planned and reactive cultural growing tasks and supporting the Crop Growers to lead and supervise other staff in carrying out cultural activities. This should be seen as a developmental role to Crop Grower.
A summary of tasks and responsibilities is shown below, but it is highly recommended that would-be applicants read the full Job Description to understand the scope of this opportunity:
- Ensure you and your team are working safely and complying with relevant legislation and established Nursery procedures
- Ensure cultural activities are carried out to stated timescales and to an agreed standard, including trimming, cleaning, feeding, moving, spacing
- Grade A-Z plants for sale, maximising the number of plants available
- Uphold batch integrity with regards auditing requirements
- Deputise for Crop Growers
- Attend weekly Crop Grower Team Meetings to share knowledge and information
- Maintain quality and work rates
- Complete Passfield and Labour related paperwork
- Undertake weekend watering duties as part of a rota
Candidates must have good attention to detail and organisational skills, as well as being motivated completer finishers. Experience and practical horticultural knowledge would be beneficial. Full time, permanent position, with the following working hours:
November to February, minimum 32.5 hours per week:
Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15:45
March to June, minimum 44 hours per week:
Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 17:15
Friday 07:30 – 16:15
July to October, minimum 39 hours per week:
Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:45
Friday 08:00 – 15:45
268.25 holiday hours per year pro rata inc. Bank Holidays; from £18,600 to £18,900 per annum depending on skills and experience.
Candidates are encouraged to apply online where possible, alternatively contact email@example.com for an application form and to submit your CV.