We are currently recruiting for an exciting position within our Added Value & Trading team, the role of the Administrative Assistant is pivotal within this division and reports into our AV & Trading Co-ordinator.
Farplants is one of the largest wholesale supplier of plants to the garden centre market, based near Chichester the cooperative group of nurseries grows over 11 million plants a year. Our finishing centre based in Barnham is responsible for the distribution of plants throughout the UK.
The Added Value team design and develop new horticultural products to meet customer requirements, and deliver innovation in the field of added value products.
In the role of Administrative Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the AV Co-ordinator to create and develop product ranges in line with intended function based on the company’s and customers’ requirements.
- Identifying future trends in order to help create innovative new product ranges.
- Ensuring all ranges are developed in line with target costs specified by the AV Co-ordinator and Sales Manager and delivered on time.
- Liaising with all internal departments to ensure the key stage process and critical path miles stones are achieved.
- Build and maintain existing and new supplier relationships.
- Support the AV Co-ordinator in a wide range of administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Candidates for the position of Added Value Administrative Assistant should have:
- Experience in project administration or similar
- Experience in new product development administration or similar
- Experience following critical paths
- Ideally experience in FMCG, Horticulture, Food or similar industry (not essential)
- Strong organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Jolene.Fielding@farplants.co.uk