Key Skills Requirements
- Organisational skills: the ability to keep a number of tasks live at any one time
- IT: Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to create and manipulate data using, for example, PIVOT tables. Create and maintain formula.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
- Leadership: the ability to direct others effectively to achieve goals
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve, identify issues early and take preventative action.
- Technical: Qualification in commercial Horticulture, or equivalent desirable
- Supervisor or team leading training desirable
- Ability to question own work in order to search out answers
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to own vehicle
- A number of years of relevant industry experience
The Stock Control and Quality Supervisor will proactively manage all finished plant stock control, ensuring maximum availability of product on sales whilst serving our customer group needs. Coordinating between production and despatch teams to inform of current and upcoming crops including changes to quality specifications. Ensuring stock is accurately counted and uploaded to Farplants stock systems. A key interface between the nursery and Farplants Sales stock control department, key account managers and technologist.
Binsted Nursery are a market leading customer focused organisation who supply high quality plants to the wholesale market. We operate from multiple sites in the local area and as such traveling between sites will be required. We are proud to be part of Tristram Plants and The Farplants Group who are both highly regarded in the industry for their sales and marketing of horticultural products.
On offer is a competitive salary of £18500 to £19600 + overtime, 28 days annual leave, investment in continual professional development and a team environment. Please note that the nursery operates 7 days a week and therefore there is a requirement to work weekends and overtime during peak times.
Binsted Nursery is easily commutable from: Chichester, Bognor Regis, Arundel, West Sussex and the A27 Corridor.